Tuesday, August 30, 2022

The Andrew Tekle Sundberg Story Ends in Tragedy

Written by Alberta Parish



In a short social media video, a young lady who almost lost her life at the hands of her neighbor disrupts a rally where Black Lives Matter organizers have gathered to protest Andrew Tekle Sundberg's shooting death by Minneapolis police. Her shouts were heard from afar, both a mixture of rage and blame, as she asked the crowd, "If he had a mental illness, where was the love and support when he was alive?" I will go on the limb and say that I agree with the young lady, the mother of Tekle Sundberg's child. There are certain comments that I will not post here because all of a sudden as of late, my posts have been getting flagged for any comments that deal with race and I pretty much have a good idea of who been stalking me on social media, and flagging down my posts every chance this person gets. Therefore, I will say the young lady is right about everything she said. Where were these people when the young man needed help while he was alive? Where was the support given to this young man while he was yet breathing? It's a lot of people in this country that struggle with mental health. The question is, where was the support network before this young man was involved in a six-hour standoff with Minneapolis police and lost his life? What we as a nation have become in the absence of empathy and compassion for one another is more telling than the actions of one young man. Like him, there are many young men in the community that we often gloss over and ignore, and as we all can see now, it has taken a very large toll on the whole community. You may not like what I say in this post but then again I don't write just so you can like everything I say. I've distanced myself from a lot of people on these Facebook and YouTube streets because I realized that I didn't want to continue being victimized on social media, which has become just as dangerous to my well-being and safety as the environment itself. I live in Atlanta, Georgia, and it is like the Wild Wild West right now. There's no real safety anywhere. Most of the people are demon possessed, and you can't reason with a demon. Watch your surroundings, and put on the whole armor of God.


The young lady had a right to her opinion, and she has every right to be upset with the organizers of that rally. I'm glad she disrupted that farce. She could have lost her life the day that Andrew Tekle Sundberg shot at her. And where would her children be then? I think the whole community failed this family. People generally don't care about others unless something happens to them or their loved ones. Apathy clearly hasn't worked for this community or any other community. If you think that turning a blind eye to the violence that occur in your community by specific people that you know is going to keep you safe, then you are clearly delusional and perhaps, need to go seek psychological help. There is an elephant in the room, and people want to gloss over that and ignore that. It is time for accountability. Nobody has time to coddle grown-ass men. But there definitely should be accountability on all sides. 


No comments:

Post a Comment