Friday, July 2, 2021

Losing One’s Faith Does Not Happen Overnight--CHAPTER 2

 


Chapter Two

Losing One’s Faith Does Not Happen Overnight

I feel like I had to go through a process in which I no longer felt fear: fear of dying, fear of Hell, fear of the Boogeyman. I felt like I had to leave Christianity in order to relinquish the fear that I carried for years as a Christian. I had to reexamine the claims made in the doctrine of Christianity. Even in the midst of all the voices and influences, the ultimate decision to walk away from the faith was mine.

In a lecture on the historical Yeshua also called Jesus, there were some pretty strong claims made about Buddhist scholars having recorded the 17 years that the historical Yeshua spent in India. He was called Saint Issa and, based on evidence recorded about Yeshua’s travel from Jerusalem to India, having sat as a student under the Brahman priests who taught him the Vedas, how to teach, heal through prayer, and perform exorcisms, Issa opposed the ruling class in India and associated with the Sudras, which were of the lower caste.

According to the Gospel accounts, Yeshua also opposed the ruling class of the scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees. He was later crucified under the Roman official, Pontius Pilate, for sedition and heresy.

My opinion on whether or not Yeshua was in India for 17 years is of little importance, especially for those who may be skeptics. However, based upon empirical evidence of actual records kept in Tibet, and not only the Buddhist legend of Yeshua/Issa but evidence of his travel from Jerusalem to India recorded by eyewitnesses, I find myself unable to refute these claims. Just like many other people, I’m searching because I don’t know everything. No one knows everything. But what I do know is there is something beyond us. Beyond human comprehension. I know there is life beyond the grave. I know there are other dimensions. I know there is a heavenly dimension, and I am from that dimension.

Knowing that the universe is a vast place, limitless, unending, without boundaries, and the Milky Way is only one galaxy containing billions of star systems, I am not prepared to make the claim that we are alone in the universe. Not only would it be disingenuous for me to make such a claim, but I’d be outright lying to you if I said we are alone in the universe and there’s nothing beyond this earth realm (also called the 3rd dimension).


No comments:

Post a Comment