Written by Alberta Parish
The relationship between the Memphis Grizzlies and Ja Morant may be coming to an end much sooner rather than later. In the midst of these storms that Ja Morant and his team is currently facing, something crossed my mind and, that is, I don't think Ja Morant wants to play for the Grizzlies.
Former Boston Celtic Kendrick Perkins recently said "the Miami Heat is the appropriate team for someone like Morant and he should consider moving there." I agree with Perkins. Ja Morant's talent would be better served in a market like Miami.
I'm a Miami native currently residing in Atlanta, and would love to see the Heat win an NBA title with Jimmy Butler still playing on the team.
Following Morant's recent suspension for 25 games, the most poignant statement he made was when he said that he is spending the offseason and the suspension continuing to work on his own mental health and decision making.
Ja Morant gets it. He knows what he has to do. But I still believe Morant's talent would be better served in a market like Miami.
I admire Ja Morant as a player. I think he's worked hard to get where he is today. And I believe he's going to come back to the game and dominate next year.
I hate to see a talent like Ja Morant go to waste playing for a team that he may feel is the wrong fit for him. I could be wrong. I'm not God. I don't know what's going through a person's mind on a regular. Only Morant can solve his current problems. And that's all I got to say on the matter.
The End

No comments:
Post a Comment