![]() |
| Sha'Carri Richardson |
Written by Alberta Parish
Do you see the older lady in the photograph? That is my mother...my ancestor who died on October 24, 2017. After my mother died, I did not have the luxury of drowning out my sorrows by getting high on marijuana like Sha'Carri Richardson who is an athlete that recently tested positive for marijuana and, as a result, she was disqualified from competing in the Tokyo Olympics. In fact, certain people wanted me to quickly get over my sorrows and basically told me that I needed to move on because everybody dies. I know everybody dies. I will die one day. Does that make the pain of losing a dear loved one (my mom) any less painful just because everybody dies?
Unlike Sha'Carri Richardson, I couldn't afford to go see a therapist following my mother's quick demise from Stage 4 uterine cancer in October 2017. Guess what? The world didn't give a fuck about whether I was grieving my mom's death. In 2017, 2018 and 2019, my employers didn't give a fuck about whether I was depressed about my mother. Not one time did former bosses, Yvonne Clark and Terri Laurendine ask how I was feeling. Not one offer of condolences came from these two bitches after they heard that I lost my mother in October of 2017. I know the world doesn't give a fuck about Sha'Carri Richardson. The coaching staff, LSU and Team USA depended on her to win a gold medal in the Tokyo Olympics. For them, her feelings about her mom's death came probably third or fourth place. She self-sabotaged, and now she cannot compete in the 100-meter race or 400-meter.
I've lost jobs and career opportunities for far less than what Sha'Carri Richardson has done to herself. I won't be making any excuses for her because she knew the rules and regulations imposed by Olympic officials. She decided to break the rule and now she is suffering the consequences. This didn't have to be a lesson for her. In fact, this should've been a lesson avoided. Too many young black adults do really dumb shit that end up costing them their careers, livelihood, freedom, and sometimes limbs and life.
Evidently, Sha'Carri Richardson has been smoking weed for years, and the friends around her are probably not good friends. They let her smoke weed!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment